In 2019, Wellbeing Waterloo Region moved into its new enabling structure, intended to help us work better together to mobilize for collective action.
The Connectors Hub is the group that provides oversight and ensures integration for the overall directions of the collective work of Wellbeing Waterloo Region.
ALL IN 2020 Catalyst Group
ALL IN 2020 is a partnership between the Homelessness and Housing Umbrella Group (HHUG) and Wellbeing Waterloo Region (WWR). The Mission of the ALL IN 2020 Catalyst Group is to mobilize the community to end chronic homelessness by November, 2020.
Social Inclusion Catalyst Group
The Social Inclusion Catalyst Group will move the Social Inclusion big idea actions forward to create a community movement that embraces diversity, seeks equity, prevents social isolation, and enables everyone to belong.
Systems Change Champions
The Systems Change Champions influence decisions with key organizations/groups that could help to make system level changes and decisions that support transformational change to improve community wellbeing.
Indigenous Working Group
In collaboration with Indigenous leaders, this group implements training, education, and tools to the working groups of WWR on Indigenous culture, history, and the impacts of colonization, while providing opportunities for reflection on how to work towards reconciliation.
Communications and Engagement Working Group
The Communications and Engagement working group creates opportunities and actions to intentionally engage diverse community members and wellbeing eco-system partners to focus on strengthening individual, organization and network connections. This group also develops strategies and implements actions to ensure that the diversity of our community is reflected in the involvement of WWR, and helps to engage and rally the general public in the wellbeing work.
Measurement and Monitoring Working Group
This group provides guidance and direction on the overall measurement system, progress reporting process, and tools to ensure the accountability, transparency and engagement of our community with the data collected for WWR.
– Funding/Resource Group
– Backbone staff (administration and infrastructure)
Objectives and Actions
Some working groups’ objectives and actions are focused directly on one of Wellbeing Waterloo Region’s three big idea areas:
- ALL IN 2020 Catalyst Group – Affordable Housing
- Social Inclusion Catalyst Group – Social Inclusion
Other working groups’ objectives and actions are related to our overarching goals as a wellbeing initiative:
- Measurement and Monitoring Working Group
- Communications and Engagement Working Group
- Systems Change Champions
- Connectors Hub
- Indigenous Working Group
Discover the details about each working group’s specific objectives and actions. Read the Wellbeing Waterloo Region Plan Overview.
On average, Wellbeing Waterloo Region working groups meet bi-monthly to work toward their objectives and actions. All working group members are responsible to:
- Become aware of and address personal biases.
- Act as ambassadors for Wellbeing Waterloo Region by broadening and furthering the mission.
- Adhere to the WWR principles of how we will work together: Courageous, Adaptive, Equitable, Transformative, Inclusive.
Want to learn more about what goes on at meetings? Request a copy of the Meeting Minutes.
Learn who’s at the table. View the Working Groups Membership List (updated monthly).
Members of Wellbeing Waterloo Region’s working groups come from all parts of the Region with different lived experiences, and represent over 70 local organizations, including:
- African Caribbean and Black (ACB) Communities
- Anishnabeg Outreach
- Bridges to Belonging
- Cambridge and North Dumfries Community Foundation
- Cambridge and North Dumfries Social Planning Council
- Cambridge Council on Aging
- Cambridge Self Help Food Bank
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Carizon Family and Community Services
- Children and Youth Planning table
- Smart Waterloo Region
- City of Cambridge
- City of Kitchener
- City of Waterloo
- Community Justice Initiatives
- Coalition of Muslim Women (CMW)
- Conestoga College
- Crime Prevention Council
- ELAWR & The Blend Media
- Extend a Family Waterloo Region
- Family and Children’s Services Waterloo
- Ganawendan Take Care
- Grand River Metis Council
- Guelph Community Health Centre
- Healing of the Seven Generations
- House of Friendship
- Idea Exchange
- Immigration Partnership
- Kitchener Public Library
- K-W Community Foundation
- KW Counselling Services
- K-W Urban Wigwam Project
- New Story Group
- Reception House Waterloo Region
- Recess Guardians
- Region of Waterloo
- Social Development Centre Waterloo Region
- Sustainable Waterloo Region
- Tamarack Institute Learning Centre
- Taylor Newberry Consulting
- Tungasuvvingat Inuit
- United Way Waterloo Region Communities
- University of Waterloo
- Volunteer Action Centre Waterloo Region
- Waterloo Catholic District School Board
- Waterloo Public Library
- Waterloo Region Chronic Pain Initiative
- Waterloo Region District School Board
- Waterloo Region Food Bank
- Waterloo Region Police Service
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- Woolwich Community Health Centre
- Woolwich Township (CAO)
- Waterloo Region Crime Prevention Council
- Waterloo Region Bail Program